There are several different types of financial assistance available to Case Western Reserve University graduate and professional students.

Departmental Assistance

Graduate and professional students should contact their individual professional school or graduate department for information and application materials for Institutional grant assistance, stipends and assistantships. A Memorandum of Assistance (MOA) is required by the Office of University Financial Aid from your graduate department or professional school before a determination of your loan eligibility can be made. Students enrolled in the School of Dental Medicine are exempt from submitting an MOA.


Loans must be repaid. They may be government-sponsored low-interest loans, regular bank loans at a reduced interest rate or low-interest University loans. On some loans, interest may not start to accrue until after graduation, on others, it may begin immediately. Loans may be based on demonstrated financial need. Learn more about loan options.